My first impression when viewing the site is the nice choice of color and how it's utilized throughout - it definitely calls to mind the bright colors of some of these bottled drinks and the vibrant tones found on their caps. The navigation is well done as well; it's great how the user can explore to reveal more sorting/viewing methods. In regards to the infographics, I think they're well organized, but ones such as the state infograph feels very cramped. There's a LOT of information present in this one, and as a result, the legibility of your type suffered. Overall, the site functions pretty well for users new to the site and bottlecaps.
Cori, good job. i wish i could have seen the presentation in crit. Some of the titles of the sort views (the collection) are problematic. For example “by state”; I didn’t know what it ment until I clicked it. Maybe replace it with the word location, or change the title “THE COLLECTION” to sort by. The leding in the by state view is too small. I know you know this; I am just reminding you. Text too small. Good job showing the caps sorted into twist and pull off; you should make both those views at the same angle. One of the views is slightly more overhead. One of your image only bottle caps has text on it.
Hi! Well, I like your colors a lot. They're lively and modern. I think it's working well for bottle caps. Clarendon would be fine for bottle caps but to me it doesn't match the feel of your color pallet. It's a little more antique, not so poppy. I understand your navigation: Intro page, sort views. When I clicked on each sort view, I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't realize there was more to see, so I think putting the buttons within the frame of the image might help. I was looking for something to click on somewhere in the image.
Your explanations of each cap only happen on the sort-by-state tab. I want to be able to get to that information from any sort view. If I'm in graphic style, I want to see information about all the caps in that category.
Type size in sort-by-state needs work. It's a lot of text to squeeze into such a small space. Rollovers would be nice, and you've got that space in the middle for info to pop up.
I don't think the bottle caps are working as photographs. You want to show off the graphics of each one, but you could come up with a bottle cap that fits the style of your page and place the graphic into it.
3 comments:
My first impression when viewing the site is the nice choice of color and how it's utilized throughout - it definitely calls to mind the bright colors of some of these bottled drinks and the vibrant tones found on their caps.
The navigation is well done as well; it's great how the user can explore to reveal more sorting/viewing methods. In regards to the infographics, I think they're well organized, but ones such as the state infograph feels very cramped. There's a LOT of information present in this one, and as a result, the legibility of your type suffered.
Overall, the site functions pretty well for users new to the site and bottlecaps.
Cori, good job. i wish i could have seen the presentation in crit. Some of the titles of the sort views (the collection) are problematic. For example “by state”; I didn’t know what it ment until I clicked it. Maybe replace it with the word location, or change the title “THE COLLECTION” to sort by. The leding in the by state view is too small. I know you know this; I am just reminding you. Text too small. Good job showing the caps sorted into twist and pull off; you should make both those views at the same angle. One of the views is slightly more overhead. One of your image only bottle caps has text on it.
Hi! Well, I like your colors a lot. They're lively and modern. I think it's working well for bottle caps. Clarendon would be fine for bottle caps but to me it doesn't match the feel of your color pallet. It's a little more antique, not so poppy. I understand your navigation: Intro page, sort views. When I clicked on each sort view, I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't realize there was more to see, so I think putting the buttons within the frame of the image might help. I was looking for something to click on somewhere in the image.
Your explanations of each cap only happen on the sort-by-state tab. I want to be able to get to that information from any sort view. If I'm in graphic style, I want to see information about all the caps in that category.
Type size in sort-by-state needs work. It's a lot of text to squeeze into such a small space. Rollovers would be nice, and you've got that space in the middle for info to pop up.
I don't think the bottle caps are working as photographs. You want to show off the graphics of each one, but you could come up with a bottle cap that fits the style of your page and place the graphic into it.
Post a Comment