

Set up in a systematic grid, inside each square would be a thumbnail of the work. When clicked on, the work appears in the box and the viewer is able to view multiple images of the work by scrolling from side to side (or clicking on arrows?) As work is added, the grid becomes larger and tighter. I wanted to create a site that would visualize the addition of new work, so that if someone hasn't visited the site in a while, they will be able to tell right away whether there has been new work added. There would be close buttons in the window so that the user mat return to the full grid view. The site is so simple, in part due to my incompetency with flash, but also because I don't think it necessary to be elaborate. Ideally, in the final design, my name would be incorporated into the grid and would function just the way the other thumbnails would. What I am proud of is that I have had a chance to look through my work over the last three years and determine what I want to display to the world.
2 comments:
corey
The usability of your site is clear and easy to understand. I think it will be a great framework to use as you add projects and develop the "look and feel" of it. I think what Josh said about changing the appearance of the "visited" projects is good since the buttons all look the same and they're in that tight proximity.
Right now the way you are calling up the images with the buttons, it is as conventional as it gets. There could be some really simple changes that I think would make the space more of an experience while still using the grid idea. How can you relate the grid more to the space where the projects appear?
I'm glad you were able to get the functionality to work. Now it would be good to look at tying the grid together with the image space. Right now the border around that small space feels too tight for displaying your work.
I think you could easily achieve the same result using html, which you might want to consider, unless you expect to bring in some flash elements that you can't do in html.
The site is extremely easy to use and has a somewhat classical set-up. but I do agree with what was said in class.. you should think about executing it in jquery/html. The overall site navigation seems comprehensible and the overall organization of the work makes sense. I wish there was more though, to represent you as a designer. This would also draw the viewer in and set you apart when people are looking through portfolio sites. Maybe think about a theme or context that you can relate to.
Post a Comment