I have never been to the real Patagonia, but every few months it shows up on my doorstep in the form of a catalog. You know the drill. When you pick up the mail there are no less than half a dozen catalogs from various companies, many you have never heard of. While most of these go unnoticed and end up in the recycle bin the next day, one has continually struck me as being more interesting than the rest. Not only is this catalog well designed with clean layouts and gorgeous, artistic photography, but it goes beyond the mission of selling clothing by incorporating stories about some extreme outdoor excursion and the inevitable test of the human condition; the sort of exhilarating idea everyone is searching for when they embark on such a journey. The care and thought put into producing such a seemingly ordinary object makes me more enthusiastic about their products, that is if I had enough money to even consider making a purchase. For the time being, I'll enjoy the catalog.
No comments:
Post a Comment