I have an almost obsessive infatuation with food. Not the overindulgent, stuff-your-face kind of obsession, but rather one that engages me in the process of creating wholesome, nutritious meals with the best possible ingredients. Food that takes time to prepare usually tastes better. I've had a big aversion to fast food for a long time. The last time I ate anything close to it was a year ago, and I had absolutely no choice (driving along the Interstate does not provide many alternatives).
I have been some variation of a vegetarian for almost 6 years now. I started out by eliminating red meat from my diet, then when I went to college and started cooking for myself, I found I bought less and less meat, so I decided to make a conscious decision to stop eating it, with the exception of fish, which is the stage I have been in for the last three years. I started bookmarking and following various food blogs, some strictly vegetarian, some not. 101 Cookbooks quickly became one of my favorites; last summer I discovered this recipe for a homemade veggie burger and have yet to find one that even comes close to being more mouth-watering . The author of this blog, Heidi Swanson, has produced two cook books, Super Natural Every Day and Super Natural Cooking, which I ordered today, and cannot wait to receive. So excited to be inspired and drool over the gorgeous photography (most of it her own).
photos via Heidi Swanson



No comments:
Post a Comment