January 20, 2015

Right In Tune: Recent Paintings


I have had a lot of time on my hands lately, thus I've started painting again. Needless to say, it feels really good; in the last few weeks I 've cranked out at least half a dozen. I consider these exercises to get me back in the groove of having a brush in my hand; there is no agenda for the finished piece. Oftentimes I'm listening to music, tuning into the flow of a song or playlist, visualizing what the rhythms look like and orchestrating my hand accordingly. This is a similar practice to something my mom used to do with me as a kid: sit down with paper and markers, close my eyes, listen to a piece of music and draw what I saw or felt. During my most recent painting sessions I've been into some form of soft techno beats and hip hop.

Spring Winds

The Cosmos

Untitled

Electric Feel

No comments: