April 12, 2008

Prototype progress


The entire map. 



Close-up of the origin icon, larger and encircled. 





I am thinking about using hemp or raffia to trace the evolution of the icons, but I am afraid that it is going to become illegible. Is it possible to use it just to trace the circle around the origin? 

2 comments:

jamie said...

Probably a good idea to trace or use vector lines for the origins. Hemp may not allow for quality craft.

The slightly blurred/out of focus elements in the photo are nice, in contrast with those in focus. The slight shadows create some visual interest. I would push this. Perhaps lift the countries off the page more and shoot it with some really dramatic lighting.

See this as inspiration...

jamie said...

PS - You need to move rapidly into the digital translation b/c there you will need to devote a lot of attention to finessing typography, composition, formal elements etc.