May 10, 2008

Revised Digital Infographic

I moved the origin text boxes to the sides so as not to clutter the infograph when I brought in the secondary text. Michael and I were talking about the white space at the top feeling  empty, what do you think? I tried putting the text boxes above the grid line, but they appeared awkward in the space.  

1 comment:

jamie said...

This infographic needs positioning. Do a bit of copy writing -- what is this information graphic about, editorialize -- and that can reside above in the empty space. Currently all of your text is at the micro level read so, with an intro paragraph, you can hit the macro level read.

The text on the map (describing the objects path) "looks" really large to me. I imagine this could be scaled down to about 7 or 8 pt. Plus the measure is long and they seem disconnected from the lines they relate to. Place consistently so not so floating or random.

Side columns are better - Need to reference your color coding in the side column descriptions to tie it all together.

The straight dashed line helps to differentiate from the curved solid, but could come down in pt sz to even further position it as less dominate hierarchically than the other lines.