October 6, 2009
Visual Advocacy--> Outside Research Summary
So far it has been extremely difficult to make contact with people in the community about this issue. However, what I have gathered from the few that I have talked to is that the high school dropout crisis is a big one in this city and one not easily solved. There are a lot of factors that play into the issue, the biggest being poverty and the workings of the school district. It appears as though the problem won't be completely resolved without somehow addressing all the "issues behind the issue." One person that I talked to mentioned that many students drop out either in 9th grade or during the transition between middle school and high school because the transition is too difficult. These parts of the puzzle I found very little information about on the web. Most of what I found on the internet were surveys and statistics based on a general analysis, but they did not focus on the problems specific to the Kansas City demographic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment