It is a holiday tradition at my house, like many, to bake dozens of cookies and package them up to send to friends and family. We always bake biscochitos, the traditional New Mexican Christmas cookie, and my grandmother's gingerbread. The beginning of December, my mom and I were in Hobby Lobby scouting out packaging ideas; and then it dawned on me. I wasn't satisfied with any of the choices, thinking all the while that I could design something way better, more unique, and more personal. I convinced my mom to buy the clear treat bags, and persuaded her that despite all the chaos about to descend upon us, I would make time to design labels for our holiday gifts. In art school fashion, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning thinking about concepts, making, printing, and cutting, but I got them done. I am hoping to make this an on-going project for myself every year; this year's design is based off of three different cut-paper snowflake creations.
January 5, 2011
Holiday Baking and Cookie Packaging
It is a holiday tradition at my house, like many, to bake dozens of cookies and package them up to send to friends and family. We always bake biscochitos, the traditional New Mexican Christmas cookie, and my grandmother's gingerbread. The beginning of December, my mom and I were in Hobby Lobby scouting out packaging ideas; and then it dawned on me. I wasn't satisfied with any of the choices, thinking all the while that I could design something way better, more unique, and more personal. I convinced my mom to buy the clear treat bags, and persuaded her that despite all the chaos about to descend upon us, I would make time to design labels for our holiday gifts. In art school fashion, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning thinking about concepts, making, printing, and cutting, but I got them done. I am hoping to make this an on-going project for myself every year; this year's design is based off of three different cut-paper snowflake creations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment