March 5, 2011

Why You



One of my recent musical discoveries is Joe Purdy, who has joined the growing list of singer/songwriters I have developed an increasing infatuation with. I am drawn to the soulful lyrics, strong melodies, and the use of acoustic guitars.  I had yet to purchase any of his music, but yesterday, after one of my coworkers mentioned in passing that Purdy is coming to perform here, we got into a lengthy discussion about music and I ended up going home with more Joe Purdy than I would ever be willing to buy at a single time, plus a few others. Some of the artists I had heard of, but most I hadn't. He is coming to Santa Fe the end of April; it'll be an hour-long drive both ways - on a night when I have to go to work the next day -  but totally worth it.

No comments: