Yesterday, one of the most prolific songwriters of the 20th century turned 70. Bob Dylan, whose real name is Robert Zimmerman, was one of the first 60s era folk/rock singer songwriters I came to love. Next to Neil Young, Dylan wins the prize for the highest number of songs by a single artist in my iTunes library. I've seen him in concert twice, but sadly both experiences were dissapointing, the first because of a poor venue, the second due to the fact that this aging legend has lost his ability to sing like he used to. But regardless, the classic recordings produce sweet melodies and intimate narratives.
May 25, 2011
Happy (belated) Birthday, Bob Dylan
Yesterday, one of the most prolific songwriters of the 20th century turned 70. Bob Dylan, whose real name is Robert Zimmerman, was one of the first 60s era folk/rock singer songwriters I came to love. Next to Neil Young, Dylan wins the prize for the highest number of songs by a single artist in my iTunes library. I've seen him in concert twice, but sadly both experiences were dissapointing, the first because of a poor venue, the second due to the fact that this aging legend has lost his ability to sing like he used to. But regardless, the classic recordings produce sweet melodies and intimate narratives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment