FLIP, TOSS, SCRAPE
Throughout this project I focused mainly on the movement, timing, and duration of my actions. I utilized Newton's law of motion "every action has a equal and opposite reaction" in my action of tossing, where the letters are being tossed in the air and come back down at a faster rate. However, the scrape action runs across the screen in a fluid consistent manner. The scrape action was easier to convey through an analog medium, but when taken into the digital medium, it takes on a new formal definition. This project also reinforced the importance of the storyboard in planning and timing of the animation. In the end, my animation turned out to be shorter due to the natural speed of the actions I was depicting.
1) How do you think the meaning would change with the addition of color? Would it help or hurt, or is it necessary?
2) The scrape action was the hardest for me to depict formally. Do you think it works, and what kind of changes would make it better?
3) Anything else that could be improved
2 comments:
off the bat i feel like most of your actions could be sped up a little, esp toss and scrape. toss is very believable but just seems a tad too slow, and scrape to me is a faster more violent action, which the marks you made indicate the harshness of scraping but like toss could be sped up just a little more. also i don't know if your transition from toss to scrape is necessary. but now that i type this i realize that flip and toss are geared towards an object like past while scrape is done after the fact. in a way i guess it might be a necessary transition but maybe fool with it going directly into scrape. most adjustments are small ones b/c your animation is very easy to understand, i don't really need to read your actions to know what they are. you did a real good job with making your actions directly reflect cooking with a spatula. woooooooo
Written Critique of Corie
By Justin Blake Barnett
You have nice
I do not feel that the addition of color is necessary though you could use it to emphasize your actions.
You did a good job of depicting your actions. When I first viewed your movie I was unable to differentiate between the three actions 3 actions. Scrape and toss are obvious, but the flip is not. I believe this is because the flip action is so fast compared to your other two. You may need to make the flip action longer or shorten the duration of the other two actions. I would suggest doing both. Another MINOR change that could be made is to the final action, “Scrape.” It might have been a good idea to have some of the word scrape off of itself as the residue is left on the page. Also the residue(the black muck being scraped across the page) could have been refined a little. Because the motion of the scraping word is strait across horizontally, the residue should also be strait. Similar to the way a skid mark appears on the ground from a shoe. Similar to the way a crayon leaves a strait trail behind it when scraped across a piece of paper. I feel like your actions are depicted well. The changes I’ve suggested for you make are not necessary for clarifying your actions as much as they are for creating cohesive individual action durations. GREAT JOB!
Post a Comment